When Sharon Burgess at Lilabelle Lane first released her Dream Catcher pattern, I saw the centre medallion and fell in love. I loved the graphic use of the black and white stripe and spots fabrics, and I wanted to use more of it. So I made a few tweaks – after all, a pattern is really just a suggestion isn’t it.
I prefer to limit my palette when making quilts. It’s just the way my brain works. So I started with the green Otter and Chill fabric and went through my stash finding fabrics that pulled colours from it. The plan was a lot of black and white with the splashes of green and blue. I still have the sides to complete, before adding borders, but I love how it looks so far.
So far, the fabrics I have used (all Tula Pink) are:
- Linework Tent Stripe in paper – 2.5m
- Linework Poms in ink – 1m and a FQ
- Linework Lil’ Stinker, Lemur Me Alone, Pandamonium – 1m of each
- Linework Read Between the Lines – 2m (still plenty left over over the second metre, but need a full 1m length to get a repeat of 6)
- Linework Tall Tales – not quite sure how much, as I’m cutting into a larger piece and cherry-picking the colours, but probably up to 2m (with a lot of usable fabric left)
- Spirit Animal Otter and Chill in green – 0.5m
- All Stars Squirrel in Fern – 0.5m
- Daydreamer Lucy in Lagoon – FQ
- All Stars Poms (forget the colour name) – FQ
- Homemade Seed Stitch in green – 0.5m