Modified Dream Catcher

When Sharon Burgess at Lilabelle Lane first released her Dream Catcher pattern, I saw the centre medallion and fell in love. I loved the graphic use of the black and white stripe and spots fabrics, and I wanted to use more of it. So I made a few tweaks – after all, a pattern is really just a suggestion isn’t it.

I prefer to limit my palette when making quilts. It’s just the way my brain works. So I started with the green Otter and Chill fabric and went through my stash finding fabrics that pulled colours from it. The plan was a lot of black and white with the splashes of green and blue. I still have the sides to complete, before adding borders, but I love how it looks so far.

So far, the fabrics I have used (all Tula Pink) are:

  • Linework Tent Stripe in paper – 2.5m
  • Linework Poms in ink – 1m and a FQ
  • Linework Lil’ Stinker, Lemur Me Alone, Pandamonium – 1m of each
  • Linework Read Between the Lines – 2m (still plenty left over over the second metre, but need a full 1m length to get a repeat of 6)
  • Linework Tall Tales – not quite sure how much, as I’m cutting into a larger piece and cherry-picking the colours, but probably up to 2m (with a lot of usable fabric left)
  • Spirit Animal Otter and Chill in green – 0.5m
  • All Stars Squirrel in Fern – 0.5m
  • Daydreamer Lucy in Lagoon – FQ
  • All Stars Poms (forget the colour name) – FQ
  • Homemade Seed Stitch in green – 0.5m


      • i probably would go slightly off from the pattern as some parts of the pattern im not totally in love with but some parts i do love it. another quilt pattern to add to my list of quilts to make 🙂

        Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s